Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

Wanted:  Slightly Used Ark
I survived the day at school Friday and since all sports were cancelled, I was able to go home immediately after school.  The view from my backyard was amazing!  I love the way the mountains look after a storm with all the snow on the foothills.  


What was not such a pretty view was my garden!  It was, and still is, flooded! I'm very glad that we hadn't planted anything yet.  Yikes!!  That's so much rain!  I think after a few days of sunshine, we should be good.  I have a few seedlets that are getting ready to move in to their new, more spacious home.  


The chicken coop was quite flooded as well.  Apparently, chickens do not like to swim.  They were all huddled in a dry corner of the coop.  Husband felt sorry for them and let them out.  They enjoyed their time out in the yard and every time I opened the back door, they all came running to see if I was tossing scraps out for them.  I was, actually...cleaning out the fridge.  They liked everything except for the whole wheat tortillas.  Husband said that's because they know that when their lives end, that's where they will end up...in a tortilla.  True.  



Warm weather predicted for the coming week...hopefully things will dry out and we can get started on the garden planting.



No comments:

Post a Comment