Thursday, April 19, 2012

And Spring is apparently over...

The weather this week has been nothing short of perfect!  Nothing over 80 and nothing under 60 during the day.  It seems this is coming to an end...it's supposed to be 95 on Saturday!  Ugh!!!  I guess my little fowl friends might enjoy the sunshine.  Last weekend they were out and about and I caught these two sunning themselves on the back porch.


The chickens being out was nice for them, but getting them all back in the coop was an adventure of sorts.  We have a small crew that enjoys sleeping high up in the trees.  Two black, 2 white, and the "pretty" one.  The pretty one seems to not be so smart though.  I came out in the morning to feed the girls and thought someone had dropped an egg the night before after collecting.  It was a green egg...I looked up and who is sitting directly above?  Yep, the producer of the green eggs. Really???  We lay an egg while we are in the tree?  Wow...


The seedlets are starting to push the limits in their starter containers.  I think I will start planting the seedlets Monday after school!  Woo hoo!!  My boy bought me four wine barrels...he does live in wine country...and those were delivered to us last weekend.  They are going to be filled with dirt and planter's mix and the herbs will go in two of them.  Flowers and other prettiness will go in the other two.  Things are looking up in the garden!  
Veggies!!


My babies...growing so fast!



Lots of work ahead...can't wait!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment