Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 3 Yard Clean-up

So...many...weeds!!!!  Aaarrrggghhh!  It seems as though it will never end.  Husband was a champion today.  Ran that old weed whacker into the ground!  It's a piece of $%#! anyway...electric.  Really, who buys an electric weed whacker...I guess we did at the last house we were in.  Gas is clearly the only way to go.  After several hours of weed whacking, Husband was getting close to the edge of the driveway and needed yet another extension cord.  After hooking up the 4th cord, the power was weak at best, but he got it done.  The front of the house now looks presentable.  So does the back and my walkway!!

Yes, I can see my chairs!!

The front walkway...

So, while Husband was waging war on the weeds out front and Fish was cutting all the stuff we cut down yesterday into more manageable pieces, I went out to the vegetable garden.  Whoa Nelly!  The weeds out there have clearly been enjoying the rotation of sun and rain!  Since we are planning on getting planter's mix on Saturday and rototilling, I need to get the weeds out of there asap. Most of them came out easily, but there were some stragglers that will need some additional coaxing.  Oh, and apparently, goat heads have made a comeback in the garden.  My knees had several sticking out of them...ouch!  

The fruits of my afternoon labors...

After several hours of weeding and cleaning, stacking wood to be burned at a later date, more weeding, and nursing my stabbed kneecaps, we decided to call it a day.  For short bursts of cleaning, we have gotten a lot done.  I took a picture of the front of the garage minus the stupid trees.  I love it!  It looks so clean now.  


Not sure what tomorrow will bring...maybe nothing.  Saturday should be a busy day...Sunday too...oh wait...it's Easter...maybe not then.   I've declared that my last day of Spring Break vacation, Monday, will be my day of rest.  I have my two lounge chairs and I intend to use them...reading and enjoying the weather.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment