Friday, April 13, 2012

Apology Apparently Accepted

I may have a future as some sort of chicken whisperer.  I'm pretty sure that's a silly idea, but you never know.  Cesar Millan and Monty Roberts have found their calling "whispering" to dogs and horses...I could have a reality show on how to deal with ill-behaved fowl.  The other day, I had clearly upset my Leghorns and they were not producing eggs.  After three days of these shenanigans, I went out to the coop and had a come to Jesus talk with them, complete with apology.  I said very positive words to them and encouraged them to lay eggs.  In my apology, I was sincere and I was even more sincere when I told them that if they didn't start laying eggs again, they would become the main ingredient in one of my many chicken recipes.  Lo and behold, the very next day, two beautiful large white eggs appeared in the coop!  How's that for whispering?!

Might just have been peer pressure...but I like to think I have some talent.

I'm glad we managed to get our garden project done last week.  The heavens have opened up and the downpour we are getting right now is probably going to break some sort of record.  I'm not complaining since everyone knows I love the rain and we need it here in our desert!  As much as I love the rain, school becomes tricky when it rains...the kids get so weird when there is any sort of atmospheric disturbance.  Next week, it will be back to normal weather I guess. That means everyone will start complaining about how hot it is and the kids will be stinky...ew.  No one is ever happy with the weather.  



Speaking of weather, Storm Warn 30! was in fine form last night.  The news of officer shootings, random violence, and home invasions was overshadowed by moving satellite photos of the "big storm" and all the user uploaded thundercloud and lightning pictures.  Funny was the interview with the toothless resident in Atwater perched on her porch surrounded by water.  No idea what she said, but really, we couldn't find someone a little more capable of using a complete sentence?  Also funny?  The thunderstorms really freak people out here...there have been several tornado warnings as well.  I'm sure anyone in the Midwest area would laugh at how melodramatic people become when they hear of a tornado warning here in the valley.  Well, it is still raining, and they are still issuing thunderstorm warnings.  Perhaps I should go look for my ruby slippers...best to be prepared!



1 comment:

  1. I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.247officedept@gmail.com   WhatsApp    Contact:   +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete