Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Karma is a $%$#!!!

Remember a post or two ago where I mentioned that the white chickens weren't laying eggs, possibly due to the fact that I had angered them?  Well, I think they have exacted their revenge on me.  Or tried to...yesterday, I went out to the coop to feed the ladies.  As usual, one of the Leghorns flew up to the ledge above the door.  They like to roost there at night, and often I have to dodge poop balls as I open the door.  Yesterday, poop was not my only concern.  As I opened the door, my little white hen decides to lay an egg.  Not sure why I moved just slightly to the right, but I did and missed getting "egged".  She let pout a squawk...she was probably afraid she'd end up in a frying pan...and took off to a neutral corner.  The others, much to my disgust, flocked around the broken egg and ate it up!  Bleah!  Husband is going to fix the roosting area issue today after we get home from work.  They have perfectly lovely condos in which to sleep...or they may rest in a frying pan...their choice.

Also on the agenda when I get home from work, is to start planting some of the larger vegetable sprouts.  Some of them are starting to push the constraints of their starter pots.  A few are touching the roof of the greenhouse and are making crazy patterns trying to reach some sunlight.  We'll see what I can get planted...there is rumor of rain in the next few days.  Time to tune in to Storm Warn 30! Ha ha ha...it always makes me giggle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment