Anyone who has met this cat of mine, knows that she is pretty small and very cute. She acts much more like a dog than a cat and is not one of those shy, prissy cats. She comes when called just like a dog...actually better than one of our dogs...ahem. We don't really have a name for her...Kitty, Black Cat (although she is more of a tortoise), Kitty Cat, and my favorite and most appropriate name...Ninja Cat!
These are the activities I have witnessed:
* Running full speed across the deck, leaping through the slats of the deck railing, and scaling the trunk of the magnolia tree in two bounds.
* Catapulting from a lower limb of aforementioned magnolia tree onto the slatted roof of the deck and doing what appeared to be a tuck and roll on the roof.
* Running at what appeared to be a 30 second 100 meter dash across the yard, scaling the vegetable garden gate, barely touching the ground in the vegetable garden, making a seriously sharp u-turn and exiting much the same way she got in.
* Going from the front yard to the back yard and back to the front at breakneck speeds. If two people weren't witnessing this in two different locations, I would not believe it.
* Going undercover (actually crawling so ninja like under the weed fabric) and exiting only when I starting hitting the weed fabric with my hands.
Never have I witnessed so many acts of Ninja-ness from one small creature. Amazing! Tomorrow I will return to a post about the vegetable garden as I made adjustments and am not feeling so angry about the whole situation.