Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring is Here!

Just a quick note...spring appears to finally be here!  My yard is suddenly bursting with color and I'm pretty happy about it!  The first roses are blooming...this one smells especially awesome!


 Below are the lilacs that I discovered last spring.  They smell really good too.  Between the roses, the lilacs, and the wisteria, it can get a little overpowering some days...but in a good way. 

Vegetable and chickie update:

The veggies have been released into the wild...ha ha.  I put this chicken wire around them to keep the chickens out.  So far, so good.  They don't seem real interested.

The cute little chickies have entered the awkward teen years...they have new cute siblings that arrived yesterday.  They are in a different tub as I'm afraid the teenagers will pick on the little ones.  Got six, but four of them are my sister-in-law's babies.  I'm babysitting until the end of the week when they come up for the annual rodeo.  Then they will go live with her in her new coop that we will be helping to construct.  Well, duh, we are the coop experts...hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment