Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun...

The sun decided to make an appearance this weekend!  Seems he (I am assigning a male gender due to the song that is my title's inspiration) is here to stay for a few days, although this year, one never really knows.  I know the weather people certainly have  no clue.  I decided to post some garden pictures that I took with my new camera last week.  They will be at the very end of this blog.  No fair scrolling down either. 

So, the little seedlets are now sproutlets.  The beans, peas, tomatoes, squash, parsley, and cilantro sprouted quite nicely!  The peppers are very slow to sprout and at first I thought  that maybe they weren't even going to sprout at all.  They are peeking out of the soil today, so I guess they decided to come out after all.  Now, I have to get them out in the sunshine, so they will get big enough and hardy enough to plant in the garden.  I would just set them out, but I'm pretty sure my feathered friends would eat them all up.  Blast!  I will have to come up with something creative.  Maybe some chicken wire to protect them from the chickens.  I have plenty of that!

Speaking of chickens, husband says I can get more peepers!  He said that I can get maybe 6 more little chickies to add to our flock.  I am very excited about this!  I just got a little part time job at the local farm supply store...I am in there on a regular basis.  Every time I go in there, the girls all tease me and say that I should just work there.   One day, one handed me an application.  I turned it in more as a joke than anything else...then they called.  A brief interview, which consisted of, "Oh yeah, I recognize you.  Can you start next week?" and I was hired.  I have a feeling that all my paychecks will go right back there...oh well...

Okay, on to the garden photos...




Some sort of crabapple.

Also a crabby apple.

I'm not sure what these are...the actual bush/tree thing is below...

It's sort of a thicket...
Big Bird...nothing like his Sesame Street namesake.

I just liked this shot...I was attacked shortly after.

One of our fancy Wyandottes.  There were two, but Avery took care of the other one.  Boo.

Thunder, the Rhode Island Red rooster and one of his women.





No comments:

Post a Comment