Thursday, May 19, 2011

Harmony in the Halfway House...

...will be delayed.  I put the babies in with the teenagers last night.  Permanently, I hope.  Their tub in the garage is too small and smells, well, foul.  Egh.  I put them in there last night thinking that maybe they would be big enough to avoid the bullying by the larger crew.  Nope.  All those two did was cower down in the corner behind the boxes.  I went out, when it was nearly dark, to check on them and they were making the loudest, most pathetic peeping noises ever.  Both of them were on top of the boxes, while all the teenagers were in their teen sized condos.  I hesitantly I left them there, half expecting to find them dead or maimed by morning.  When I went out to feed them this morning, they had resumed their position in the corner.  I coaxed them out of there and they joined the general population.  Short-lived.  The teens started exerting their pecking order and by the time I left for work, the babies were back in the corner.  Ugh.  When I went home at lunch, this was the scene:

Really??  At some point, you'll need to come out of there.

Clearly, we will have to have a talk with the teenagers about bullying and proper manners as far as little ones are concerned.  The little ones are going to have to develop a much tougher skin as well.  Life lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment